Patrick McCabe is a commercial litigator in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. Mr. McCabe has broad experience counseling clients and representing companies across a variety of industry sectors in complex litigation, including commercial contract, business torts, financial services, employment, internal investigations and putative class action matters.
Mr. McCabe regularly represents clients in state and federal courts nationwide, at the trial and appellate levels, as well as before administrative agencies, arbitration tribunals and mediators. In addition, Mr. McCabe advises on complex corporate governance issues, conducts high-level executive investigations and counsels on challenging management issues, including crisis management.
- Prosecuted and defended clients in litigation at the state and federal level in cases involving breach of contract, declaratory judgment actions, trademark and copyright infringement, fraud, defamation and various business torts
- Successfully tried to jury verdict claims under breach of contract and wrongful dishonor on behalf of a multinational financial services company
- Obtained a summary judgment for a publicly traded financial institution on all Uniform Commercial Code and state law claims alleging that the bank mishandled various transactions and opened accounts without authorization
- Defended employers and high-level executives in employment litigation matters at the administrative, state and federal levels, involving allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination and breach of employment contract
- Obtained a favorable resolution of a Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) putative class action matter for a publicly traded government contractor
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a prominent payment card firm in a national federal putative class action matter defending against assertions of Sherman Act claims relating to merchant contract provisions
- Represented a medical device manufacturing company in successfully resolving a Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower retaliation matter resulting in a dismissal of the lawsuit
- Represented a publicly traded government contractor in successfully resolving a civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) action brought by a state Attorney General
- Conducted, and counseled clients on, multiple bet-the-company investigations and crisis management issues, including numerous high-level, C-suite investigations
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Major in Political Science, Minor in English
- All State Courts in Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020, 2021