Amy McVeigh is an experienced litigation and business disputes attorney who handles a variety of matters involving complex commercial issues and breach of contract, product liability, business torts, trademark disputes and consumer class actions in diverse industries. Based in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office, Ms. McVeigh handles disputes before federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as arbitrations and mediations. She offers guidance from litigation avoidance and pre-dispute stages through resolution and has considerable experience practicing in New Jersey state and federal courts.
Clients turn to Ms. McVeigh to help manage large-scale litigation and liaise with their business teams to develop innovative strategies focused on complicated issues. She frequently works on high-stakes matters with multijurisdictional components, large amounts of data and diverse defense groups.
Ms. McVeigh represents clients across many industries, with a particular focus on issues facing domestic and international life sciences and pharmaceutical companies. She uses her deep industry knowledge to help these companies manage their contract risk, resolve commercial disputes and navigate large-scale product liability and class action litigation.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in an American Arbitration Association (AAA) arbitration alleging breach of an asset purchase agreement (APA) covering the sale of prescription dermatology products
- Secured summary judgment in favor of a foreign active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturer and its U.S. subsidiary in a breach of contract action resulting from the unconsummated sale of an API manufacturing facility located in China; obtained precedential dismissal of foreign parent for lack of personal jurisdiction
- Represented a U.S. pharmaceutical distributor against its foreign manufacturing and profit share partner for failure to supply and breach of co-development agreement
- Represented a specialty pharmaceutical company in an International Centre for Dispute Resolution-administered arbitration alleging breach of a purchase and sale agreement for failure to pay milestones and use commercially reasonable efforts to market the acquired pharmaceutical products
- Represented a foreign pharmaceutical company in an International Chamber of Commerce-administered arbitration and related injunction proceedings in the Southern District of New York challenging the unilateral termination of an exclusive license and distribution agreement as a result of alleged diversion of the product outside of the licensed territory
- Secured summary judgment for a pharmaceutical company claiming breach of a development, manufacturing and supply agreement for over-the-counter (OTC) cold and allergy medications
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in personal injury product liability and consumer and third-party payor putative class action litigation related to ranitidine (Zantac) drug products and alleged exposure to N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), over cancer risk claims; won dismissal of all cases on all causes of action on behalf of generic defendants in the multidistrict litigation (MDL)
- Secured a complete dismissal of two putative nationwide class actions seeking reimbursement damages for allegedly defective prescription pharmaceutical product following a product recall
- Represented a consumer products company in multiple putative nationwide class actions seeking reimbursement damages for an allegedly defective over-the-counter (OTC) product following product recall and alleged contamination
- Represented a Fortune 500 manufacturer of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in a putative nationwide class action alleging manufacturing defects and breach of warranty
- Represented a car rental company in a putative nationwide class action concerning administrative and other fees charged to customers
- University College London, LL.M., International Business Law, with merit
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
- Saint Joseph's University, B.A., Political Science, Minor in Biology
- New Jersey
- New York