Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Holland & Knight's Healthcare & Life Sciences Team assists the full range of industry participants, from providers, payors and networks to manufacturers, distributors and suppliers, in all aspects of their operations.
- Many of our team members have served as in-house counsel to a wide range of healthcare businesses, associations and governments, which provides us with an in-depth understanding of the industry and the challenges faced by our clients.
- Our team includes attorneys across the firm who concentrate on the areas of law impacting our healthcare clients, including compliance, litigation and dispute resolution, healthcare reform, regulatory law, legislative action, corporate, tax and general transactional issues.
The rapid-fire changes occurring today in the legal and regulatory arenas that shape healthcare law create an array of compliance, transactional and litigation issues that can make your day-to-day operations increasingly complicated.
As one of the largest healthcare and life sciences practices in the U.S., Holland & Knight’s dedicated healthcare attorneys and professionals apply in-depth knowledge of the industry and the resources of the firm to promote and protect your interests.
The Advantage of Hands-On Experience
You will benefit from a team of lawyers who understand the demands and pressures you face. Many served previously as in-house counsel to a wide range of healthcare businesses, associations and governments. Their industry positions included the following:
- former counsel to health plans, hospitals, pharmacy chains, health care accreditors and other stakeholders
- former in-house counsel in the global business development department of a major pharmaceutical company
- former federal and state prosecutors
- in-house counsel to provider and health insurer trade associations
- former members of Congress, agency officials and Capitol Hill staff who have developed the laws and regulations that govern your business
Diverse Client Base
Rich healthcare legal experience has made Holland & Knight a partner of choice across the full range of healthcare-related businesses – from providers, payors and networks to manufacturers, distributors and suppliers.
Broad Industry Know-How
Whether your matter involves compliance, litigation and dispute resolution, False Claims Act defense, regulatory law, legislative action, corporate, tax or general transactional issues – Holland & Knight’s healthcare and life sciences attorneys have the experience and acumen you need to prevail. You’re backed by a team that’s highly competent, current and connected to your industry.
Integrated Practice Support
Keeping abreast of the emerging trends and legislative issues can be daunting. By drawing on our integrated practice groups and industry-based teams, Holland & Knight can help you navigate the legal complexities of the healthcare industry. Owners and operators of hospitals, clinical laboratories, long-term care and other health-related facilities look to us with confidence for legal representation that is responsive, proactive and efficient. Holland & Knight’s Health Privacy Team counsels clients on HIPAA law and security issues. Our multidisciplinary approach also allows us to provide highly effective support to help you meet the challenges and issues arising from the ongoing evolution of life sciences law.
Keeping You Well-Connected
Holland & Knight lawyers work hard to build relationships – with government and state elected officials, with the industries we serve and with the business communities across the country where we live and work. Whether you need guidance in negotiating a business transaction, ensuring compliance with public health law policy, employee training on HIPAA law and privacy standards, or advancing your project through the legislative process, our ability to leverage these relationships yields powerful, consistent results for your business.
Leading Lawyers on Your Side
The Healthcare & Life Sciences Team has been recognized in numerous publications.
- Holland & Knight received national first-tier rankings in the 2022 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" guide in Health Care Law, and metropolitan first-tier rankings in the following markets: Dallas, Miami and Tallahassee. Partners Maria Currier, Jeff Mittleman, Shannon Hartsfield, Jerome Hoffman, Roberto Pupo, Jennifer Rangel and Michael Werner also have received Best Lawyers recognition.
- The 2022 Chambers USA guide ranked Holland & Knight partners from New York, Florida, Texas, Massachusetts, and California for Healthcare law. The Firm ranked in Band 1 for Nationwide, Band 2 for Florida, Band 3 for Massachusetts, Band 3 for New York, and Band 4 for Texas.
- The Legal 500 United States 2022 guide ranked Holland & Knight as a Tier 4 firm for Healthcare: Service Providers and as a "Firm to Watch" in Healthcare: Health Insurers.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Sector Group members Jeff Mittleman, Rob Hill and Ivan Colao were named among the 2020 Client Service All-Stars by the BTI Consulting Group.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Sector Group co-chair Michael Werner was named to the National Law Journal's list of Healthcare/Life Sciences Law Trailblazers
- Holland & Knight received top recognition in the American Bar Association's Health Law Section - Annual Top 10 Law Firms in the Northeast, DC and Southeast rankings.
- Holland & Knight is ranked among the top 15 largest healthcare law firms nationwide by Modern Healthcare magazine.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences member Jerome Hoffman was selected for Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite 2020 Hall of Fame.