Landon W. Mignardi
Landon Mignardi is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, where he focuses his practice on a wide variety of legal issues in the commercial and regulatory sectors, including the representation of financial institutions, commercial landlords and tenants, health plans and technology companies. He also assists in the defense of individuals and companies under investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). He has represented a receiver appointed by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida after the collapse of an international Ponzi scheme involving fraudulent sales of aircraft, which resulted in the dismissal of an opponent’s appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Mignardi has experience with a broad range of legal matters, including drafting pleadings and motions and discovery management. Much of his litigation work concerns business torts, breaches of contract, trade secret misappropriation and securities matters. In addition to dispute resolution, Mr. Mignardi has helped large companies and banks navigate and comply with state and federal rules and regulations.
During law school, Mr. Mignardi was a lead articles editor for the SMU Law Review and was published in SMU's online journal.
Mr. Mignardi's recent representative matters include:
- assisted multinational financial services company fortify its compliance requirements by analyzing and summarizing legal requirements across all 50 states and U.S. territories
participated in legal team assisting federally chartered bank in analyzing state law requirements for preemption under the National Bank Act
- provided assistance on behalf of a national financing company, analyzing laws across various states related to consumer financing for sales of boats, boat trailers, all-terrain vehicles/utility task vehicles (ATVs/UTVs) and their trailers
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Oklahoma, B.S., Biochemistry, magna cum laude
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All Star, 2021