Seth A. Milligan is a Connecticut private equity and mergers and acquisitions attorney who regularly represents private equity funds, their portfolio companies and other private and public companies in middle market mergers and acquisitions as well as leveraged buyout transactions. He also represents clients in a wide variety of corporate, commercial real estate, financing and other business transactions, including dividend recapitalization financings, joint venture formations and venture capital transactions. Commentators in the Chambers USA 2014 guide noted that he inspires "complete confidence" in his clients and commend his "terrific judgment."
Mr. Milligan's representative matters include:
- representation of private equity fund Brynwood Partners VII L.P. in its acquisition of Sunny Delight Beverages Co. from J.W. Childs Associates
- representation of Compass Diversified Holdings (NYSE: CODI) in the $412.5 million disposition of CamelBak Products LLC to Vista Outdoor Inc.
- representation of Harvest Hill Beverage Company, a majority-owned subsidiary of private equity fund Brynwood Partners VII L.P., in its acquisition of American Beverage Corporation, manufacturer and marketer of Little Hug® Fruit Barrels and Daily’s® alcoholic cocktail drinks and mixers
- representation of Prospect Capital Corporation (NASDAQ: PSEC) in connection with $279 million of first-lien senior secured debt and equity to recapitalize Harbortouch Payments
- representation of Omnicare Inc. in its acquisition of the institutional pharmacy business of Five Star Quality Care Inc.
- representation of private equity fund Brynwood Partners V L.P. in its sale of DeMet's Candy Company for $221 million to Yildiz Holdings A.S., owner of the Godiva® chocolate brand
- representation of Energy Equity Partners, LP in its sale of Clearfield Energy, L.P., a 125-year-old crude oil, condensate and water services company with operations in Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia, to Crosstex Energy L.P. and Crosstex Energy Inc.
- representation of private equity fund Brynwood Partners V L.P. in its sale of Balance Bar Company to NBTY Inc., a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group