Morgan Moore is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston office. Ms. Moore helps buyers and sellers negotiate complex mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and advises partners on joint ventures and project development across the energy industry. In addition, Ms. Moore has experience representing clients in corporate matters in other industries, including M&A and general corporate governance.
Ms. Moore has a broad range of experience advising on corporate and commercial matters in the energy sector. She advises clients on all aspects of domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and co-development structures, project development and private equity. Ms. Moore regularly represents a wide variety of clients, including renewable and oil and gas project developers and sponsors, upstream and midstream oil and gas companies, diversified public and private companies, private equity firms and other strategic and passive investors.
Ms. Moore's practice spans the energy spectrum. She has experience with the acquisition and development of utility-scale and customer-sited energy projects, including wind, biomass and solar facilities. She also represents clients in upstream oil and gas matters, as well as midstream projects and deals involving natural gas, crude oil, natural gas liquids gathering systems, pipelines, processing facilities and storage assets. Ms. Moore also regularly advises clients in the preparation of master service agreements and similar contracts related to the construction and operation of midstream and renewable energy facilities.
- Represented the seller in the disposition of an upstream oil and gas portfolio company
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of oil and gas assets in the Uinta and Green River basins of Utah and Wyoming
- Assisted with the formation of a joint venture to create renewable feedstocks leveraging the parties' expertise in oilseed processing, farmer relationships, fuels manufacturing and marketing
- Represented a public energy company in multiple asset backed securitizations (ABS) with sustainability-linked features, involving certain Appalachian assets along with certain midstream assets and revenue streams
- Represented the seller in the divestiture of oil and gas assets in the Williston Basin
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of renewable energy engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of a shale company and its subsidiaries' upstream oil and gas assets and midstream company and its subsidiaries' midstream assets as part of the 363 sales process of the debtor sellers
- Represented the seller in multiple transactions involving the disposition of certain oil and gas properties in Texas and Oklahoma
- Represented the seller in multiple transactions, including a sale of certain oil and gas assets in Howard County, Texas
- Represented a private equity company in the formation of a drilling partnership between a private equity fund and a major oil and gas company to develop assets in the Permian Basin
- Represented the seller in the divestiture of offshore oil and gas interests in the Gulf of Mexico
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of upstream and midstream company in Alaska
- Represented a major oil and gas company in an all-stock merger-of-equals with another major oil and gas company
- Represented the seller in the divestiture of producing, unconventional wellbores
- Represented a private equity company in its investment in a full-cycle water management and infrastructure services provider focused in the Permian Basin
- Represented a major coal company in its divestiture of substantially all of its assets in a 363 sale process
- Assisted with the formation of an oil and gas investment fund
- Assisted with establishing a term loan facility and preferred equity investment in the private equity arm of a family office focusing on upstream and midstream energy markets
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Mississippi, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section, 2018-Present