Humberto Morales is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Monterrey office. With more than 25 years of experience, Mr. Morales advises local and multinational companies on all aspects of corporate law, corporate governance and compliance.
Mr. Morales focuses his practice on corporate governance, regulatory compliance and corporate matters. He advices national and foreign companies in the automotive, energy, infrastructure, medical devices and pharmaceutical industries in their corporate, corporate governance and regulatory compliance requirements, working closely with their labor teams in large infrastructure projects.
In addition, Mr. Morales advises clients on high-profile internal investigations generally involving multi-jurisdiction cases. He also advises companies in the design and implementation of corporate compliance programs and money laundering prevention cases. In addition, because of the nature of the large infrastructure projects in Mexico and in the context of the applicable anticorruption laws, Mr. Morales has been involved in the implementation of compliant legal structures and critical checkpoints.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Morales was an attorney at a leading Mexican law firm in its Monterrey office.
Previously, Mr. Morales worked at a global electric company for more than a decade, most recently as its general counsel for Mexico, Central America and Caribbean, where he led a team in the industrial, financial and entertainment sectors. In addition, he led legal strategies in the tax, labor and corporate areas and led the design and implementation of the corporate governance and regulatory compliance infrastructure in Mexico, also acting as lead ombudsman in major cases.
Mr. Morales also has public sector experience, having worked as general counsel for the Urban Development and Housing Committee at the Senate of the United Mexican States.
- University of Illinois College of Law, LL.M.
- Universidad de Monterrey, J.D.
- American Chamber of Commerce, Monterrey Chapter
- Phi Delta Phi
- National Association of Business Lawyers
- Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Mexico: Compliance, 2024
- Chambers Latin America – Latin America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Compliance, 2023, 2024
- Who's Who Legal: Mexico, Investigations, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice, 2023, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice, 2023
- Leaders League, Compliance, 2023