Barton W. Morrison is a real estate and aviation attorney in Holland & Knight's Orlando office. Mr. Morrison represents publicly traded and privately held national builders, international investors, joint ventures, banks, aircraft lessors and other investors.
In Mr. Morrison's real estate practice, he counsels residential builders, commercial real estate developers, investors and owners in the negotiation and drafting of acquisition and development, build-to-rent, joint venture and financing documents. He is well-versed in matters relating to purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, construction contracts and property owner association documentation. He also is experienced in handling operating, management and contribution agreements, as well as acquisition, construction and refinance documents. In addition, he advises clients on the analysis and issuance of title insurance, survey and complex due diligence reviews, and the coordination of highly specialized matters, including water, coastal rights, wetlands and endangered species mitigation.
Mr. Morrison's aviation practice focuses on the purchasing, selling and financing of private, business and training aircraft. He advises on the due diligence, documenting, closing and financing of aircraft, including the coordination of aircraft deliveries with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), foreign Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs) and the International Registry.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Morrison served in the U.S. Navy as an officer and aviator. During his military career, he deployed three times and completed his tour of duty as an instructor pilot. Mr. Morrison serves on the leadership council of the Holland & Knight Veterans Group and as its representative for the Orlando office.
- Lead outside counsel for national builders in the acquisition, entitlement and development of more than 100 projects located in Central Florida
- Represented a publicly traded builder in the negotiation, acquisition and development of second-largest investment in company history
- Represented a national builder in their first-ever build-to-rent transaction
- Assisted investors in the sale of more than $800 million in apartment projects including several deals in excess of $100 million
- Assisted a major aircraft lessor in the $340 million delivery, purchase and lease of two Boeing 777-200 aircraft
- Represented an aircraft lessor on the sale of a portfolio of eight aircraft on lease to eight different airlines
- Represented a major national bank in the financing and delivery of a fleet of training aircraft
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., Economics
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- U.S. Immigration Court
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2018
- Holland & Knight Emerging Leaders, 2019
- The Best Lawyers guide, Real Estate Law, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orlando Real Estate Law Ones to Watch, 2021-2023