Bill Mureiko is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, where he focuses his practice on estate planning, trust administration, probate, charitable giving and tax-exempt organizations.
In addition, Mr. Mureiko advises family offices with regard to a wide range of matters, including federal taxation of trusts, family governance, trustee duties and ongoing federal transfer tax matters.
Mr. Mureiko is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Plan and implement wealth transfers to family members and charity using testamentary and lifetime vehicles for high-net-worth families
- Obtain and maintain federal and state tax exemption for nonprofit corporations and trusts; also oversee operations
- Administrative aspects of federal tax law (including preparation of Forms 706-Federal Estate Tax Return and Forms 709-Federal Gift Tax Return, obtaining private letter rulings and technical advice)
- Plan and draft charitable lead and remainder trusts, outright gifts to charity, gift annuities, other split-interest gifts to charity and gifts to "advise and consult" funds held by community foundations
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- Duke University, M.A.
- Austin College, B.A., with highest honors
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Instructor in Legal Research and Writing, 1995-1996
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow, 2001
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates, 2006-2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Dallas Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year, 2024
- Chambers High Net Worth guide, Private Wealth Law: Texas, 2023
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2023
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, Tax: Trusts and Estates, 2018-2023
- Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40, D Magazine, 2004