Pat Murphy has earned a reputation for structuring sophisticated mezzanine funding deals behind scores of middle market transactions. Issuers, investors and financial sponsors rely on him for counsel on complex mezzanine structures including extensive subordination and intercreditor arrangements. He represents finance companies, lending institutions, investment funds and private equity funds throughout the Southeast with a focus on transactions involving senior and subordinated debt components. These transactions typically entail loans, debt with warrants and sweeping intercreditor relationships related to a variety of business entities and industries.
Mr. Murphy also represents several privately owned and family-owned businesses.
Prior to attending law school, he was a certified public accountant with the accounting firm of Ernst & Whinney.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, B.S., Accounting, magna cum laude
- Chattanooga Bar Associations
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Growth
- Greater Chattanooga Sports Hall of Fame, Board Member
- Endowment Committee Advisor, University of Chattanooga Foundation
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Chancellor's Roundtable
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Sports Hall of Fame Selection Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, 2006-2024; Corporate Law, 2013-2024, Commercial Finance Law, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Lawyer of the Year - Banking and Finance Law (Chattanooga), 2021, 2023