Kathryn W. Oberto is a partner in the Orlando office of Holland & Knight. Ms. Oberto has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants in the commercial leasing of shopping centers and outparcels, restaurants, high-rise office buildings, mixed-use projects, raw land and industrial/warehouse facilities. She also represents buyers, developers and sellers in the acquisition, development (including infrastructure development) and disposition of commercial properties; lenders and borrowers in connection with the acquisition, construction and permanent financing and re-financing of commercial properties; and the development and registration of condominium and timeshare projects, including the preparation and negotiation of all documents for the filing, processing and approval of both new condominium projects as well as condominium conversions.
In connection with the foregoing, Ms. Oberto has drafted and negotiated leases, ground leases, reciprocal easement agreements, restrictive covenants, SNDAs, purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, loan documents, forbearance agreements, environmental agreements, indemnity agreements, license agreements, and condominium and timeshare documents.
Ms. Oberto currently serves as the mentor liaison for all associates in the Orlando office, and previously has served as the Orlando Women's Initiative coordinator. She is a graduate of the firm's Rising Stars mentoring and leadership program.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science, Economics Minor, Concentration in German, with honors
- YMCA of Central Florida, Board of Directors
- University of Florida Bergstrom Center for Real Estate Studies, Executive Committee of Real Estate Advisory Board
- Shopping Center Legal Update, International Council of Shopping Centers, Editorial Board
- J4 Leaders, Board of Directors
- Shepherd’s Hope, Board of Directors and Chair of Governance Committee
- Winter Park YMCA, Board of Directors
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), former Director of Membership, Board of Directors
- Central Florida Gator Club, Member; former Director of Athletics, Board of Directors
- United Arts of Central Florida, former Board of Directors
- Orlando Day Nursery, former Children's Chair
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2013-2022
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016
- Florida Legal Elite "Up & Comer," Florida Trend magazine, 2008
- Florida Law Review Alumni Association, former Member, Board of Directors
- Phi Beta Kappa