Emma A. O'Connell is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Chicago office and a member of the firm's Corporate Services Team. Ms. O'Connell focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), finance transactions and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight in her current position, Ms. O'Connell completed a pro bono externship in the firm's Chicago office, working exclusively with pro bono clients. She also served as a summer associate.
During law school, Ms. O'Connell served on the editorial board of the DePaul Law Review as the managing editor of notes and comments. In addition, Ms. O'Connell spent two years as a teaching assistant for Applied Legal Skills, a required course that provides first-year law students with the opportunity to further develop broadly applicable analytical and study skills.
Prior to starting her legal career, Ms. O'Connell worked at an international law firm in its Business Development and Marketing Department, where she helped expand the scope of each practice and target potential clients.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., Certificate in Business Law, magna cum laude
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.J.
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Senior Research Seminar: Cultural Heritage, DePaul University College of Law, 2021
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Children's Human Rights under International Law, DePaul University College of Law, 2020
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Data Privacy Law: U.S. & EU, DePaul University College of Law, 2020
- Dean's List, DePaul University College of Law, 2018-2020
- Dean's Achievement Scholarship, DePaul University College of Law, 2018-2020