John Park is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Mr. Park represents national and local employers facing allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful discharge arising under all major federal and state employment laws.
Mr. Park has defended and assisted clients in matters, including:
- obtaining jury verdicts in single and multi-plaintiff cases denying claims of discrimination and retaliation
- arguing and briefing cases before federal and state courts of appeals and the state supreme court
- successfully defending claims against a publicly traded financial institution brought under the whistleblower provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- class and collective action litigation, including class certification issues, discovery on statistical experts and the resolution of multi-plaintiff actions.
- enforcing, defending and obtaining injunctive relief in non-compete and trade secret actions on behalf of employers
- implementing multi-state reductions in force, conducting wage and hour audits and preventing and addressing issues arising under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and collective bargaining agreements (CBAs)
Mr. Park focuses on helping clients reach the business result that they want to achieve and proactively addressing employee issues to minimize exposure to employment litigation.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Park is a frequent speaker and published author on a wide range of labor and employment topics and has chaired and moderated panels on whistleblower issues and the implementation of effective compliance programs. He has served as a regional editor for a national trade-secret/non-compete compendium.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, MBA, magna cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., Finance
- All U.S. District Courts in Arkansas
- All U.S. District Courts in Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- National Employment Law Council, Board of Directors and Programming Co-Chair, Former Treasurer
- American Employment Law Council
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow, Former Member of Alumni Executive Council
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Committee, Former Co-Chair
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Former Regional Governor,
- Nashville Bar Association, Minorities Opportunities Committee, Former Co-Chair
- Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Former Member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) Employment Law Section Steering Committee, Former Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide; Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2019-2024
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA), Best Lawyers Under 40, 2013
- Lawyers of Color, Hot List, 2014