Javan Porter is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. Mr. Porter focuses his practice on a variety of litigation and dispute resolution matters. This includes white-collar criminal defense, product liability, class actions and securities law. His practice also includes guiding companies and individuals through internal and government investigations.
Mr. Porter has trial experience in federal and state court. This includes trying two cases to verdict as a lead attorney and providing aid to trial teams through preparation of witnesses for examination.
In addition, Mr. Porter has substantial knowledge and experience in electronic discovery (e-discovery) practices, from preparing for anticipated e-discovery to the managed review and ultimate production of electronically stored information (ESI). Mr. Porter’s e-discovery experience is not only in civil litigation but also with the government through subpoenas, civil investigative demands (CIDs) and warrants.
- Handled every aspect of a jury trial, from voir dire to closing; jury rendered a take nothing verdict in client's favor and awarded more than the statutory limits on its counterclaims, as well as the full amount of attorney's fees
- Represented Fortune 300 company officer in a federal action alleging conspiracy and fraud charges; all charges against client were dismissed
- Obtained favorable settlement in Texas for a mineral company with regard to a failed title examination
- The University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- The University of Mississippi, B.A., Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Eagle Scout
- Phi Kappa Phi