Aaron Powell is a Dallas business attorney who focuses his practice on oil and gas matters. His experience encompasses the acquisition and divestiture of upstream and midstream oil and gas assets, including offshore projects. Mr. Powell's background as a petroleum landman allows him to bring additional experience to bear on all facets of upstream energy transactions.
In addition, Mr. Powell has a significant background in title-related oil and gas dispute resolution. He has counseled clients on matters pertaining to a range of interpretive issues involved with all aspects of mineral conveyances and oil and gas leases.
- Represented an investment firm in connection with the $31.4 million acquisition of mineral and royalty interests in 35 counties across Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan and New Mexico from a family partnership
- Represented a private equity-backed oil and gas company in its $23 million purchase of roughly 185 net mineral acres of leasehold and interests in 40 oil and gas wells in Martin and Midland counties, Texas
- Represented a Texas-based oil and gas company in its agreement to drill three horizontal wells in Ward and Loving counties, Texas, in exchange for partial leasehold assignments from counterparties, as well as its agreement to fund certain well costs of counterparties
- Represented an investment firm focused on mineral and royalty interests in the execution of a mineral joint venture with an exploration and production company under which the client will receive information regarding planned wells in the Permian Basin in order to target mineral and royalty acquisitions "ahead of the drill bit" in exchange for the conveyance of an interest in certain fee minerals
- Represented Sunbridge Energy Services in a $260 million agreement with Hanwha Cimarron LLC, whereby Hanwha will supply tube trailers containing dozens of vessels that store compressed natural gas and other pressurized gases such as hydrogen
- Represented an exploration and production company in a leasehold title dispute relating to approximately 3,700 acres in the Permian Basin
- Represented a family mineral partnership in a fee mineral title dispute, assisting client in successfully recovering millions of dollars in suspended royalty funds
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Texas Christian University, Certificate, Petroleum Land Management
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
- Dallas Bar Association, Energy Law Section
- Order of the Coif