Eric Reis is a full-time law professor at the University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law, where he focuses primarily on tax and related topics. He is also a past chair of the Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law section of the State Bar of Texas and a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
In addition to serving as a professor, Mr. Reis is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. He focuses his practice on novel or unusually complex matters related to estate planning, probate, charitable planned giving and tax-exempt organizations.
Mr. Reis is Board Certified in both Tax Law and Estate Planning & Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Harvard University, A.B., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Dallas Bar Association, Probate, Trusts and Estates Section, Council Member, 2021-Present
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow, 2010-Present
- Southern Methodist University (SMU) Dedman School of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2020-2021
- Texas A&M University School of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2019-2021
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section, Chair, 2019-2020; previously Secretary, Treasurer and Council member, and Chair of the section's Decedents' Estates Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Trusts and Estates, 2010-2023
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2004, 2012-2022
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, Tax: Trusts & Estates, 2020-2021
- Dallas Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year, The Best Lawyers in America guide, 2018
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine, 2004, 2006