Michael R. Romeo is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. Mr. Romeo focuses his practice on employee benefits and executive compensation matters, including design, drafting, compliance, government filings, communications and administration of tax-qualified benefit plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, executive and equity compensation arrangements, and welfare benefit plans.
Mr. Romeo's practice also extends to advising employers and executives on executive compensation and equity-related matters that arise in corporate transactions, such as initial public offerings (IPOs), and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). In addition, Mr. Romeo has experience advising clients on Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) compliance issues throughout the course of employment.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Romeo practiced at a global law firm in Philadelphia, where his practice focused on employment discrimination and employee benefits litigation matters.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, J.D.
- Niagara University, B.S., Criminology, magna cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Jeffrey S. Moorad Sports Law Journal, Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, Outside Articles Editor