Brandon Schirg advises and counsels hospital companies, healthcare systems, surgery center operators and other outpatient service and post-acute care providers on complex regulatory and operational issues. With almost two decades of healthcare regulatory experience and long-standing relationships with in-house compliance officers and operations counsel, Mr. Schirg understands how to achieve client objectives within the context of fraud and abuse statutes and other regulatory requirements.
In transactional matters, his focus is on structuring acquisitions, joint ventures, contractual relationships, and other financial arrangements in compliance with federal and state anti-kickback laws, self-referral prohibitions and reimbursement requirements. Clients also benefit from his experience identifying potential regulatory hurdles to their transactions and working with opposing counsel to develop collaborative approaches and solutions to these issues and to comply with self-reporting obligations.
Mr. Schirg also provides counsel on:
- licensure and certification requirements
- Medicare and Medicaid enrollment issues
- provider-based and government reimbursement issues
- physician/referral-source contracting issues
In addition, he has successfully represented clients in reimbursement audits, conducted regulatory internal investigations and compliance reviews, and submitted and resolved governmental self-disclosures on behalf of healthcare providers.
Mr. Schirg speaks frequently on fraud and abuse issues and other healthcare regulatory topics at professional conferences and industry seminars.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Tennessee, B.S., Finance, summa cum laude
- Tennessee Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- Number One Volunteer Fire Department, President/Chairman of the Board
- Certified Emergency Medical Responder in Tennessee
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Track Rescue Team
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2020-2021