Evan Seideman is a transactional attorney and business advisor who counsels public and private companies, private equity funds, family offices, business development companies, angel and venture capital investors, and Fortune 1000 companies. He currently serves as executive partner for Holland & Knight's Stamford office.
Mr. Seideman represents clients in domestic and cross-border private company acquisitions, minority and change of control investments, joint ventures, equity and debt finance transactions, and divestitures. He also provides general corporate counsel and governance counseling.
In addition, Mr. Seideman serves as pro bono counsel to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut.
Mr. Seideman's representative matters include:
- represented Anholt Services (USA) Inc. and affiliates, an indirect subsidiary of the Kattegat Trust, a philanthropic foundation and family office, in indirect equity and direct debt investments in United Oils Limited, a leading palm oil plantation owner located in Pucallpa, Peru.
- represented Compass Diversified Holdings (CODI), an owner of leading middle-market businesses, in the $412.5 million disposition of CamelBak Products LLC, the inventor of the hands-free hydration gear and a global leader in personal hydration gear, to Vista Outdoor Inc.
- represented of Harvest Capital Credit Corporation (HCAP), a specialty finance company that provides customized financing to small and midsized businesses, in connection with a subordinated secured term loan to Fox Rent A Car, the fourth-largest car rental agency in the USA
- represented HCAP in connection with a junior secured subordinated term loan facility with warrants to support the acquisition of Douglas Machines Corp., the leading manufacturer and supplier of industrial washing and sanitizing systems for food-related industries, by KODA Enterprises Group, a middle-market private investment firm
- represented HCAP in connection with a junior secured subordinated term loan facility with warrants to support the acquisition of Rostra Tool Company by a private equity fund (facility paid off in 2014)
- represented Omnicare Inc., a subsidiary of CVS Health, in its acquisition of the institutional pharmacy business of Five Star Quality Care Inc.
- represented Prospect Capital Corp. (PSEC), a leading provider of flexible private debt and equity capital to sponsor-owned and non-sponsor-owned middle market companies in the United States and Canada, in connection with $279 million of first-lien senior secured debt and equity to recapitalize Harbortouch Payments, a leading provider of transaction processing services and point-of-sale equipment used by merchants in the United States.
- represented Velocity Outdoor Inc., a portfolio company of Compass Diversified Holdings (CODI), in its acquisition of Ravin Crossbows LLC, a leading designer, manufacturer and innovator of crossbows and accessories
- represented Capital Partners Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of Spray Control Systems LLC (Minimizer), which is engaged in the business of designing, developing, manufacturing, selling, marketing and distributing aftermarket accessories for the heavy-duty truck market
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- Georgetown University, B.S.
- New York
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, 2018-2022
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- The Legal 500, 2011, 2014-2015
- Connecticut Super Lawyers magazine, 2009
- New Leaders in the Law, The Connecticut Law Tribune, 2005