Lawrence E. Sellers
Lawrence E. Sellers Jr. is a partner in Holland & Knight's Tallahassee office. Mr. Sellers practices administrative and governmental law, with a concentration in environmental and land use matters. He regularly provides advice on permitting and enforcement matters involving a variety of federal, state, regional and local administrative agencies. He has substantial experience in administrative law, including rulemaking, adjudicatory hearings and appellate review. For more than 35 years, he has represented clients before the Florida Legislature, primarily on environmental, land use and administrative law issues. He also represents developers of affordable housing before the Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
Mr. Sellers has authored numerous articles published by The Florida Bar, including several on amendments to Florida's Administrative Procedure Act (APA). In addition, his comprehensive articles on the rulemaking provisions in the Florida APA have been published by the Florida Law Review and the Florida State University Law Review. A number of his articles have been cited by Florida’s appellate courts and administrative law judges.
Mr. Sellers is a frequent speaker at environmental and growth management seminars, including programs presented by The Florida Bar and by the Florida Chamber of Commerce. For a number of years, he lectured on Florida administrative law at the University of Florida College of Law.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Sellers was a certified public accountant with one of the Big Four international accounting firms.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., Accounting, with high honors
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Florida Bar, Board of Governors, 2003-present
- The Florida Bar, Board Liaison to the Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy Committee
- The Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law Section, past Chair, 1999-2000
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division, former Secretary and Board of Governors
- First District Appellate American Inn of Court
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists
- Florida Chamber of Commerce, Board of Governors and past Chair of the Infrastructure and Environmental Committee
- Florida Government Bar Association
- Florida Law Review Alumni Association, former President
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the First District Court of Appeal, former Member, 1998-2006
- Tallahassee Bar Association, past President, 2002-2003
- Tallahassee Barristers Association
- University of Florida College of Law, Board of Trustees
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court
- Florida Bar Board Certified in State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Lawyer of the Year, Tallahassee Environmental Law, 2021, 2023; Tallahassee Natural Resources Law, 2021, 2022; Tallahassee Government Relations Practice, 2019; Tallahassee Water Law, 2015, 2017; Tallahassee Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Administrative/Regulatory Law, Environmental Law, Water Law, Government Relations Practice, 2005-2023; Natural Resources Law, 2021-2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Environment, 2008-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2022; Top 100, 2019, 2020
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- Florida Legal Elite Hall of Fame, Florida Trend magazine, 2009-2022
- S. Curt Kiser Administrative Lawyer of the Year Award, The Florida Bar Administrative Law Section, 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- University of Florida Law Review