- With offices across the globe, Holland & Knight’s Government Representation Team will pull from our multidisciplinary practices to best represent your interests and dealings with any level of government.
- Our team includes lawyers and professionals with decades of experience working with and for federal, state and local governments. We leverage the knowledge we have gained in government law – along with the established working relationships we maintain – in our ongoing efforts to bring you the strongest possible representation.
- We represent hundreds of local and state governments on the full range of issues impacting government entities and those who deal with them.
With a national reputation in serving the needs of both local and state governments -- as well as private sector businesses in their dealings with governmental entities -- the Government Representation Team at Holland & Knight provides counsel, advice, advocacy, dispute resolution, and litigation support on the full range of matters that can arise.
National Scope and Integrated Practice Approach Enhance Your Support
Integrated with Holland & Knight’s multidisciplinary practices and teams – including government finance, procurement, contracting, appropriations, litigation, government relations, land use and other specialty areas --- our government law practice includes attorneys throughout the firm’s operative locations, including primary offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Florida, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.
State and Local Government Representation
The team’s extensive range of experience includes general advice and consultation, administration, litigation, regulatory, dispute resolution, attending public hearings and meetings and preparing legislation and resolutions.
Our government law attorneys assist hundreds of local and state governments including:
- tribal authorities
- state departments and agencies
- regulatory and administrative agencies
Assisting Private Sector Businesses
The Holland & Knight Government Representation Team represents businesses interacting with governments and provides advice, representation, and counsel to private sector companies and individuals on federal, state and local government matters covering a broad range of areas.
Our representation of state and local governments and private sector businesses and individuals, covers numerous substantive practice areas, including but not limited to:
- bid protests
- civil rights
- community development block grant financing
- construction law
- development of regional impact
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises and Programs (DBEs)
- disparity studies
- diversity counseling
- economic development incentives and programs
- eminent domain
- environmental law
- Federal DBE Program compliance
- federal representation and appropriations
- government contracts and procurement
- government projects
- government regulations
- government relations and affairs
- growth management
- health care
- Native American Law
- labor and employment
- land use and zoning
- Minority and Women Owned Businesses and Programs (MWBEs)
- parliamentary procedures
- political activities
- public finance
- public policy
- public/private partnerships and redevelopment
- public utility regulation
- real estate
- Small Business Programs