Waajid Siddiqui is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Mr. Siddiqui maintains a broad-based mergers and acquisitions (M&A) practice with an emphasis on upstream and downstream oil and gas transactions, as well as acquisitions and divestitures of lending and leasing platforms and portfolios of financial assets. He also represents clients in the industrials sector in significant manufacturing and petrochemical transactions.
Prior to becoming a private practice lawyer, Mr. Siddiqui was senior counsel for a large integrated energy company, where he worked on cross-border M&A and corporate finance transactions.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Siddiqui was an attorney for a multinational law firm in its New York office.
- Represented a multinational conglomerate in the combination of its oil and gas division with an U.S. oil services company to create a new publicly traded company
- Represented a multinational integrated oil and gas corporation in the sale of its midstream and downstream assets in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru to a Chilean energy and forestry company; sale of its refinery in Torrance, California, to a subsidiary of a petroleum refiner and supplier; and the $3.9 billion sale of a 99 percent stake in its Japanese refining and marketing business to a Tokyo-based partner petroleum products company
- Represented an India-based chemical company in its acquisition of the soda ash business of U.S.-based chemical industrial product company
- Advised on the formation of a $25 billion downstream refining and retail joint venture of an American oil brand, a global oil company and a Saudi Arabian oil and gas company, the largest U.S. joint venture at the time, and the subsequent sale of the American oil brand's interest in the venture in connection with the merger of two oil companies
- Advised on the sale of an multinational integrated oil and gas brand's petrochemical operations to a multinational chemical product manufacturer
- Represented a multinational conglomerate in the disposition of its financial services businesses, including the sale of its approximately $9 billion transportation finance business in the U.S. and Canada to Chicago-based financial institution; the sale of its approximately $30 billion equipment finance business, including its distribution finance platform, to a major U.S. bank; the sale of its $23.6 billion commercial mortgage portfolio to affiliates of a global investment business and a major U.S. bank; and the sale of its $2.2 billion in franchise finance assets to a real estate investment fund; in addition advised the same conglomerate on numerous acquisitions, joint ventures and vendor financing programs involving an American transportation manufacturer, a human resources management company, a Canadian business jet manufacturer, a U.S. insurance company, multiple financial institutions and commercial banking service providers and a life insurance holding company
- Represented a multinational conglomerate in numerous industrial transactions, including the sale of a majority interest in its business process outsourcing operation in India to a growth equity firm and a New York-based private equity firm, and the subsequent initial public offering (IPO) of what is now a global financial services outsourcing firm; and the sale of its specialty chemicals business and product lines in the conglomerate's oil and gas division
- Represented a global investment management company on the creation of a new global real estate investment management company with a Fortune 100 financial services organization
- Tulane University Law School, J.D.
- Tulane University, MBA
- Brown University, B.A.
- New York