Lee Stuart Smith is a partner in Holland & Knight's Orlando office and a member of the firm's Real Estate Section. Mr. Smith represents owners and developers of master-plan, mixed-use, residential and multifamily projects in numerous areas of real estate and land use law, including land acquisition, master plans, infrastructure and development agreements, site plan negotiations and approvals, impact fee agreements, and community development districts.
Mr. Smith has acquired significant experience over the course of multiple real estate cycles in representing lenders in workouts of distressed loans, including reservations of rights, forbearance agreements, loan modifications and restructurings, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, short sales, foreclosures, assignments of judgments, and purchases and sales of REO.
In addition, Mr. Smith represents state and national financial institutions in connection with their Florida and multistate commercial and real estate lending activities. His lending representation has included financings for shopping centers, office buildings, industrial centers, apartment communities and residential subdivision developments, including borrowing base and asset-based loans and loan participations and syndications.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., with high honors
- Rollins College, B.A., Chemistry
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Children's Wish Foundation, Former Director
- Community Coordinated Child Care for Central Florida, Former Director
- Interlachen Country Club, Former Director
- Winter Park Little League, Former President and Director
- Central Florida Baseball League, Former Manager
- Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission
- Leadership Orlando, Graduate
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2013-2021
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Order of the Coif
- Law Review
- Florida Supreme Court Internship