Richard L. Stockton is a partner in Holland & Knight's Jacksonville office. He is a member of the firm's Private Wealth Services Group and is very active in estate planning and taxation, as well as probate administration. Mr. Stockton has been heavily involved in the computerization of the firm's drafting manuals.
He has significant experience and proficiency in post-mortem and generation-skipping planning, and has written and lectured on various estate planning topics.
Mr. Stockton served as an aircrew member for five years in the United States Air Force and for four additional years in the United States Air Force Reserve.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- Princeton University, B.S., Sociology, summa cum laude
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Florida Bar, Tax Law Section
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Trusts and Estates, 1995-2015, 2017-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2020
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine