Alexis D. Sverdlik is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office. Mr. Sverdlik focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), securities, corporate governance and other general corporate matters. He advises public and private clients on all aspects of their business operations, from corporate governance and risk management to M&A, dispositions, joint ventures, spinoffs, securities filings and other growth opportunities.
While in law school, Mr. Sverdlik was a research editor for the Florida Law Review and worked as a teaching assistant for Legal Writing I and II. Additionally, he assisted veterans with filing for benefits and appealing the denial of benefits through his participation in the Veterans and Servicemembers Legal Clinic. Mr. Sverdlik also earned pro bono hours during law school for assisting the public as part of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Brandeis University, B.A., Psychology and Philosophy, magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Book Award, Real Estate Transactions, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2023
- Book Award, Property, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2021
- Book Award, Legal Research, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2020
- Dean's List, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2020-2023
- Dean's List, Brandeis University, 2016-2020
- Justice Brandeis Scholarship, Brandeis University, 2016-2020