Jordan B. Taylor focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and other general corporate matters. In addition, Mr. Taylor represents both insureds and underwriters in connection with transactional risk products, including the issuance of representations and warranties insurance policies. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he obtained his Master's degree in accounting from the University of Florida Fisher School of Accounting.
Mr. Taylor's representative engagements include:
- represented Global Nephrology Solutions (GNS), one of the nation's leading physician-led nephrology organizations, in connection with its strategic investment from Audax Private Equity (Audax)
- represented Pine Tree Equity IV LP in its acquisition of Shortridge Academy LLC, a leading therapeutic boarding school in New Hampshire that supports the cognitive, emotional and social development of bright, yet struggling adolescents
- represented Converge Technology Partners in connection with a) acquisition of Blue Chip Tek Inc. and the related acquisition financing; b) acquisition of Key Information Systems Inc. and the related acquisition financing; and c) acquisition of Corus360, a technology-led organization that empowers clients through resilience, people and technology
- represented Palm Beach Capital as the lead investor in the recapitalization of the Mears Transportation Group and Get Me LLC
- represented Lincoln Road Global Management LLC, a Miami-based private equity firm, in connection with its investment in Pro-Tec Fire & Safety, a leading provider of fire extinguisher and safety services in the Southeastern United States
- represented Boyne Capital Management (BCM Fund I, LP) in its acquisition of Ameribest Holding Corporation and its subsidiary, AmeriBest Home Care Inc., a provider of home healthcare services
- represented MasTec Inc. in its a) purchase of CAM Communications Inc., an equipment construction and network services company for telecommunications carriers; b) purchase of Fabcor TargetCo Ltd. and its subsidiaries, Canadian pipeline and facility construction services companies for the oil and gas industry; c) purchase of Optima Network Services Inc., a network services company for telecommunications carriers; and d) purchase of Data Cell Systems Inc., a telecommunications services firm
- represented Pine Tree Equity I LP in its a) purchase of EnviroVac Holdings LLC, an environmental and industrial maintenance company, and subsequent sale to RLJ Equity Partners LLC; b) purchase of Hi-Tech Testing Services Inc., a nondestructive testing, inspection and consulting services company, and subsequent sale to Professional Service Industries Inc., a portfolio company of Olympus Partners; c) purchase of Hydro-Vac Industrial Services Inc., an environmental and industrial maintenance company, and subsequent merger with EnviroVac Holdings LLC; and d) purchase of add-ons to Church Services, a provider of residential maintenance, repair and replacement services in the areas of heating, ventilation and air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and foundation repair, and subsequent sale to Fort Point Capital
- represented Pine Tree Equity II LP in its a) sale of Northwest Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries to WestView Capital Partners; b) purchase of Applied Consultants Inc., a provider of inspection services in the oil and gas pipeline industry, and subsequent sale to Nautic Partners; c) purchase of Federal National Payables Inc., Federal National Commercial Inc. and Federal National Services Inc., providers of factoring (i.e., accounts receivable financing) primarily for businesses with accounts receivable from federal, state and municipal governments; d) purchase of Northwest Plan Services, a third-party benefit plan administrator; and e) purchase of Bradley-Morris Inc., a military-focused recruiting firm, and subsequent sale to Thompson Street Capital Partners
- represented Pine Tree Equity III LP in its a) recapitalization of AMCOL Systems, a leading provider of revenue cycle management services; b) acquisition of Veracity Technology Solutions LLC, a provider of nondestructive testing and related services to the global power generation and aerospace industries; c) acquisition of Premier Care Professionals LLC, a medical practice located in Central Florida by InHealth MD Alliance Acquisition LLC; d) purchase of Community Medical Group, a provider of primary care physician services primarily to Medicaid-eligible patients, and subsequent sale to Nautic Partners; e) investment in BPI Sports, a developer, formulator and marketer of branded sports nutrition supplements; f) investment in Smile Design Dentistry, a provider of comprehensive dental care services; g) purchase of All-American Safety and Training (CrossBridge Compliance), a provider of safety and training services (e.g., audit, consulting, inspection, training, etc.) required to meet safety regulations in the oil and gas pipeline and railcar industries; h) investment in House Advantage, a provider of loyalty management software solutions for the casino and gaming industry; and i) investment in InHealth MD Alliance, a provider of primary care physician services primarily to Medicare-eligible patients in Central Florida
- represented Pine Tree Equity portfolio companies in connection with a) Church Services' acquisitions of i) Eagle Air Conditioning Service Inc., ii) 4 Seasons Service Company; iii) Christian Brothers Air Conditioning Inc.; iv) Southwest Plumbing Inc.; v) Davis Service Company LLC; and vi) Mike's Plumbing; b) Hi-Tech Testing Services Inc.'s acquisitions of i) Wilson Inspection X-Ray Services Inc., a provider of nondestructive testing and related services; and ii) Western X-Ray Service LLC and Utah Inspection LLC, providers of nondestructive testing and related services; c) Applied Consultants Inc.'s acquisition of Central NDT Inc., a provider of inspection services to the oil and gas pipeline industry; d) Northwest Plan Services' acquisition of CDM Retirement Consultants, a third-party benefit plan administrator; and e) All-American Safety and Training's acquisition of C&R Compliance, a provider of safety and training services
- represented Generation Partners in its a) sale of its portfolio company MedVance Institute, a medical and allied health-related career training company to Education Affiliates Inc., a portfolio company of JLL Partners; b) sale of its portfolio company Shopwiki Corp., an Internet shopping portal, to Oversee.net; and c) investment in 3Seventy, a provider of an enterprise class mobile messaging platform enabling businesses to dialog with their customers
- represented World Fuel Services Corporation, in connection with its investment in Amsterdam Software B.V., a Netherlands company that develops, sells and licenses aviation software
- represented Sentry Data Systems Inc., a provider of healthcare information technology solutions, including 340B solutions for contract pharmacies, in its sale to ABRY Partners
- represented Noven Therapeutics LLC, formerly known as JDS Pharmaceuticals LLC, in its sale of all rights related to the drug Lithobid to ANI Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- represented Hencorp Becstone LC in its sale of Coffee Network LLC to FCStone Group Inc., a subsidiary of INTL FCStone Inc.
- represented QPay Inc., a payment processing systems company serving the cellular telephone industry, in the sale of the company to InComm Holdings Inc.
- represented the sole shareholder of Heritage Manufacturing Inc., a manufacturer of firearms, in the sale of 100 percent of the equity interests of heritage to Taurus Holdings Inc.
- represented Velocitude LLC, a mobile services platform company, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Akamai Technologies Inc.
- represented SANDOW Media LLC and Fred Segal in connection with an equity investment in Fred Segal by Evolution Media Partners, a joint venture between Evolution Media Capital, an entertainment, media and sports merchant bank formed in partnership with Creative Artists Agency; TPG Growth, the middle market and growth equity investment platform of global investment firm TPG; and Participant Media, the global entertainment company founded in 2004 by Jeff Skoll
- represented FRX Polymers Inc. in a round of equity financing from Israel Cleantech Ventures and Capricorn Venture Partners
- represented Room Service LLC, a furniture and accessories rental company, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to American Furniture Rentals Inc.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, Fisher School of Accounting, M.A.
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting, summa cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Florida Legal Elite "Up & Comer," Florida Trend magazine, Corporate and Securities, 2012
- Order of the Coif
- Estates and Trusts Book Award
- Beta Gamma Sigma