Sean J. Tevel
Sean Tevel is a Miami private wealth services attorney who focuses his practice primarily on tax planning for high-net-worth individuals, as well as tax planning for multinational corporate and trust structures.
Mr. Tevel advises foreign and domestic clients on U.S. federal income, gift and estate tax matters associated with their cross-border investments, including their U.S. real estate investments and business ventures.
Mr. Tevel has significant experience advising clients with respect to corporate and partnership taxation, the application of the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act of 1980 (FIRPTA) and tax treaty issues. He also is well-versed in domestic and offshore tax compliance, including providing advice with respect to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and withholding tax compliance.
Mr. Tevel is an adjunct professor in the Juris Doctor and Taxation of Cross-Border Investment LL.M. programs at the University of Miami School of Law. Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Tevel was a tax attorney in the Miami office of an international law firm.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- McGill University, B.A., Economics and Political Science
- Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, International Law Section
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Tax Law Ones to Watch, 2021-2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Tax (Up & Coming), 2022
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2020