Haylie Treas is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston office and a member of the firm's Data Strategy, Security & Privacy Team.
With a background in civil litigation and experience counseling clients in privacy and data security matters, Ms. Treas is able to bring a broad perspective in advising clients in a wide variety of matters, including data breach incident response, regulatory compliance, technology transactions, privacy and security policies and procedures, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) due diligence, and technology and data support. Ms. Treas works alongside companies of all sizes on privacy and security matters spanning the areas of energy, construction, software development, healthcare and cybersecurity.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Treas was a tech and data attorney for an international law firm in its Houston office.
- Managed incident response for various types of data incidents, including engaging and overseeing forensic teams and ransom negotiators, advising on legal considerations, as well as preparing notices to individuals, regulators and others as needed
- Advised clients on cybersecurity best practices and information security programs, including policies and procedures covering security (technical, physical and administrative safeguards), service providers, training, and data retention, backups, and access and use limitations
- Provided recommendations to clients on data security and privacy obligations in agreements with service providers and others that maintain, or have access to, personal information or proprietary/confidential company information
- Negotiated and drafted comprehensive cybersecurity agreement in the area of wind energy between the owner and service provider that were jointly handling cybersecurity
- Developed privacy programs in relation to U.S. state privacy laws
- Represented a client in litigation related to a data incident
- Represented a client in multiple lawsuits involving Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) claims
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D.
- Louisiana College, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2020–Present
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- OneTrust Certified Privacy Management Professional