Sarah T. Tremer
Sarah T. Tremer is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Newport Beach office. Ms. Tremer focuses her practice in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on product liability, mass tort and consumer fraud class action defense. Ms. Tremer also works with clients in a broad range of industries on sensitive, high-stakes employment litigation matters, with an emphasis on harassment and race discrimination class actions.
Ms. Tremer has extensive experience litigating and defending a broad range of clients, including Fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, in federal and state courts across the country. Her work includes matters involving single-plaintiff, multidistrict (MDL) and multicounty (MCL) litigations. She also counsels clients in litigation avoidance and risk mitigation, including U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory matters.
In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Tremer, who is fluent in Spanish, handles pro bono immigration cases. She also serves as co-chair of the Diversity Committee in Holland & Knight's Newport Beach office.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Tremer was an attorney at a full-service law firm in its Newark, New Jersey office. Ms. Tremer also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Mitzy Galis-Menendez of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson Vicinage.
During law school, Ms. Tremer was the symposium editor of the Seton Hall Law Legislative Journal and served as a research assistant to Professor Bernard K. Freamon. She also completed a judicial internship with the Honorable Michael A. Shipp of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Served as lead senior associate for generics pharmaceutical company in personal injury product liability and consumer class action litigation related to ranitidine (Zantac) drug products and alleged exposure to N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), over cancer risk claims in consolidated/coordinated state court action pending in California
- Served as lead senior associate defending a large talc manufacturer in numerous wrongful death, mesothelioma and other personal injury asbestos actions throughout the U.S.; deposed hundreds of plaintiffs in connection with this litigation leading to several successful dismissals
- Served as outside counsel to a glass manufacturer and distributor in connection with internal investigations and responding to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) sexual harassment complaints
- Won preliminary injunction in favor of a California university in connection with preventing further misappropriation of trade secrets by the university's former employee
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Seton Hall University, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orange County Product Liability Litigation - Defendants One to Watch, 2023, 2024
- Rising Star, Southern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2023
- Orange County Coalition for Diversity in the Law Inc (OCCDL) "Top Young Diverse Lawyer of Orange County," 2022
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine, 2019-2022
- Ones to Watch, The Best Lawyers in America guide, 2020-2022
- Samuel J. Heyman Summer Fellowship Recipient, 2013
- Dean's List, Seton Hall University, 2007-2011