Shawn M. Turner
Shawn M. Turner is a partner in Holland & Knight's Denver office and is a member of the firm's Financial Services Practice Group. Mr. Turner has a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and general business transactions. He currently serves as executive partner for Holland & Knight's Denver office.
Mr. Turner primarily represents public and private companies in corporate and securities matters, bank regulatory issues and corporate governance matters. Additionally, he provides clients with general counseling as well as advising on acquisition and investment strategies, anti-takeover defenses, executive compensation and corporate governance, and Securities and Exchange Commission compliance matters.
Mr. Turner advises clients on public and private equity and debt financings as well as mergers and acquisitions and bank regulatory issues before both federal and state agencies. He has also represented one of the world's largest institutional private equity investors and other companies in transactions throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
Prior to his law practice, Mr. Turner was the editor in chief of the Case Western Reserve Law Review as well as a founding member and president of Weatherhead Toastmasters, a local chapter of Toastmasters International. He also participated in Case Western Reserve University School of Law's Big Buddies program, which provides tutoring to inner city elementary school students.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Case Western Reserve University, MBA
- Hanover College, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Smart-Girl Inc., Board Chair
- Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, Board
- Carolina for Kibera Inc., Advisory Board
- Top Lawyer, Banking, 5280 Magazine, 2022
- 40 Under 40, Denver Business Journal, 2018
- Barrister’s Best Banking Lawyer, Law Week Colorado, 2016
- Rising Star, Colorado Super Lawyers magazine 2013, 2014, 2016-2018