Shawn M. Turner
Shawn M. Turner is a partner in Holland & Knight's Denver office, the co-chair of the firm's Capital Markets Group, a member of the firm's Financial Services Practice Group and the executive partner for the firm's Denver office.
Mr. Turner primarily represents public and private companies in the financial services industry, with a particular emphasis on advising boards of directors and senior management with respect to risk management, corporate governance, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and regulatory matters. Mr. Turner has significant experience interacting with state and federal financial institutions and regulatory agencies, and with advising strategic buyers and targets in takeover strategies and defenses.
In 2021, Mr. Turner led a financial services industry transaction that was named the USA Corporate M&A Deal of the Year (large mid-market) at M&A Atlas Awards, hosted by the Global M&A Network.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Case Western Reserve University, MBA
- Hanover College, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Smart-Girl Inc., Board Chair
- Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, Board
- Carolina for Kibera Inc., Advisory Board
- Top Lawyer, Banking, 5280 Magazine, 2022
- 40 Under 40, Denver Business Journal, 2018
- Barrister’s Best Banking Lawyer, Law Week Colorado, 2016
- Rising Star, Colorado Super Lawyers magazine 2013, 2014, 2016-2018