Merrill A. Ulmer is a Connecticut and New York corporate and private equity attorney who practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, and related equity and debt financings for private equity funds and their portfolio companies. Ms. Ulmer also has extensive experience in venture capital transactions, general corporate and securities matters, and private equity and venture capital fund formation and compliance matters.
Ms. Ulmer's representative matters include:
- represented DFW Capital Partners in its acquisition of Theraplay Inc., a provider of pediatric physical, occupational speech and other therapies
- represented DFW Capital Partners in its sale of Metanexgen, a provider of multi-channel marketing services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device providers, to an affiliate of Insignia Capital
- represented DFW Capital Partners in its sale of SoftWriters Holdings, a provider of pharmacy management software to the long-term care industry, to an affiliate of TA Associates
- represented DFW Capital Partners in its acquisition of Information Innovators Inc., a provider of IT services to agencies of the U.S. federal government, and its subsequent acquisitions of GoldBot Consulting, Global Net Services and Creative Computing Solutions
- represented DFW Capital Partners in its sale of Copernicus Group IRB, an independent institutional review board, to an affiliate of Arsenal Capital
- represented funds advised by Sankaty Advisors in various equity investments and sale transactions
- represented a Fortune 50 company in connection with numerous venture capital investments in pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer products companies
- represented venture capital and private equity sponsors in connection with fund formation and compliance matters
- represented institutional investors in connection with equity co-investments in private equity transactions
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D., cum laude
- Dartmouth College, A.B.
- New York
- American Bar Association
- The Legal 500 USA, M&A/Corporate and Commercial - M&A - Middle Market (Sub-$500m), 2016