David J. Valeck
David J. Valeck is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office, where he practices in the areas of commercial finance and private equity, with a principal emphasis on debt financing transactions in connection with leveraged buyouts (LBOs) and leveraged build-ups.
Mr. Valeck has broad experience in the representation of borrowers and lenders in most types of bank, private credit and direct lending credit facilities, including the negotiation, structuring and documentation of single lender, syndicated, secured, unsecured, senior, mezzanine, second lien, unitranche, bridge, debtor-in-possession, and cash flow and asset-based facilities, as well as intercreditor and subordination issues that arise in such transactions.
Mr. Valeck has significant experience in Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and the perfection of security interests and protection of lender rights in virtually all types of collateral, including bitcoin and other digital assets, intellectual property, vehicles, vessels and aircraft frames and engines, real estate, healthcare receivables, and government receivables under the federal Assignment of Claims Act.
In addition to his LBO debt finance practice, Mr. Valeck has extensive experience representing private equity and other investment funds in secured capital call credit facilities, representing borrowers and lenders in refinancings and recapitalizations (including receivables factoring and dividend recaps), and representing high-net-worth individuals and family offices in connection with loan facilities secured by, among other things, investment portfolios, art and other collectibles, and ownership interests in professional sports franchises.
- Represented a national book retailer in amending and restating its $1 billion credit facility
- Represented the primary U.S. securities clearing corporation and its operating subsidiaries in various secured revolving credit facilities with aggregate commitments exceeding $12 billion
- Represented a large publicly traded information technology company in revolving, term loan A and term loan B credit facilities with aggregate commitments of $2.5 billion
- Represented a Washington, D.C.-based private equity firm in its leveraged take-private acquisition of a large government contractor focused on infrastructure construction, military base support and information technology, and numerous subsequent bolt-on acquisitions
- Represented a Washington, D.C.-based private equity firm in multiple leveraged acquisitions of companies in various sectors, including pharmaceuticals, environmental remediation, oil storage and transportation, last-mile logistics, wholesale pet supplies and dental services
- Represented a Washington, D.C.-based private equity firm in its leveraged acquisitions of several aerospace and defense government contractors
- Represented a large clothing manufacturer in connection with its secured credit facilities
- Represented several dental services organizations in connection with their secured credit facilities
- Represented one of the largest U.S. healthcare providers to jails and prisons in connection with its secured credit facilities
- Represented a large Bethesda, Maryland-based construction company in connection with a revolving credit facility
- Represented a Bethesda, Maryland-based private equity firm in its leveraged buyout of an information technology consulting company
- Represented a major private equity-backed government contractor in its financing arrangements
- Represented a Washington, D.C.-based private equity firm in its leveraged acquisition of one of the largest fresh fluid milk producers and distributors in the U.S.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Valeck was a private equity and commercial lending attorney for a multinational law firm in its Washington, D.C., office.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, MBA
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- District of Columbia