María Valenzuela is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Monterrey office. Ms. Valenzuela focuses her practice on corporate, regulatory, contracts, intellectual property and administrative law. She also handles corporate transactions regarding the incorporation of companies with foreign investment and the representation of foreign corporations in Mexico, the transformation and dissolution of corporations, and the drafting of various of commercial agreements.
In addition, Ms. Valenzuela provides advice on energy matters. She has experience with several electric power and renewable energy projects regarding electric power and renewable energy as well as project financing and infrastructure projects.
- Defended a biotech company engaged in the design of alternative fuels in alleged destruction of intellectual property (IP)
- Advised in the planning, design, licensing, negotiation and litigation in contentious proceedings regarding IP assets for biotech and agricultural companies in Mexico, as well as handled similar operations for various biotech joint ventures
- Representation of a Mexican company in connection with the registration of its industrial designs before the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI)
- Provided legal advice on IP, trademark and copyright matters to a company dedicated to the production of tequila
- Represented a French multinational electric utility company in the drafting, negotiation and instrumentation of structured financing with a financial institution governed equally by the United States and Mexico as lead arranger for the developing, constructing and operating a legacy 100 megawatt (MW) photovoltaic project in northern Mexico
- Counsel to a solar energy developer in the development and permitting of distributed solar projects in rural areas
- Served as counsel to a Mexican state for financing of one of the largest solar power plants to be built in Latin America
- Advised a municipality in the implementation of a public procurement tender for the acquisition of electricity for street lighting
- Advised a municipality in the design of a public procurement process through a public-private partnership for electricity supply
- Advised a Spanish renewable company in a project financing of more than $18 million for the development of a solar farm
- Advised a bank in electricity regulatory, banking and public procurement matters for the expansion of a public-private partnership for the electricity supply for the municipality of Aguascalientes
- Advised in the implementation of public-private partnerships for the construction of public services in diverse municipalities in Mexico
- Representation of a Mexican company in the drafting, negotiation and instrumentation of a structured financing for the development, construction and operation of a 35 megawatt (MW) photovoltaic project in San Miguel de Allende
- Advised a product engineering services and embedded software firm in a $63 million sale of substantially all of its Mexican and U.S. assets
- Assisted a Mexican entity on the merger between two Mexican oil and gas companies
- Provided legal advice to a U.S. company regarding the constitution of a Mexican subsidiary and management of a corporate secretary
- Representation of a Mexican company in the drafting, negotiation and instrumentation of a joint venture for the development of solar parks to power rural farming communities in undeveloped areas
- Universidad de Monterrey, J.D.