Chad Vanderhoef is a tax attorney based in Holland & Knight's Tampa office, where he focuses his practice on tax controversy and litigation, offshore tax and reporting compliance (e.g., Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts / FBARs, international information returns), cross-border tax planning, and foreign investment in U.S. real estate.
Mr. Vanderhoef's practice includes representing clients in tax controversy matters, including U.S. Tax Court and federal district and appellate court litigation, as well as Internal Revenue Service (IRS) examination and appeals. In addition, he advises clients in connection with IRS tax and reporting remediation options.
Mr. Vanderhoef also advises clients in connection with cross-border restructuring matters, including foreign investment in U.S. real estate.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Vanderhoef was a tax attorney for a boutique international tax law firm.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Taxation
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
- Florida International University, M.S., Finance
- University of North Florida, B.B.A., Finance
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section