Alan J. Watson is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Holland & Knight and a member of the Litigation Department’s Construction Industry Practice Group. Mr. Watson's responsibilities involve him in a variety of construction related disputes representing owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and designers. He has litigated many construction cases involving mechanic’s lien and stop notice disputes, construction defect issues, construction claims and Americans with Disability Act compliance claims. He is also involved with litigation related to construction and development including claims for wages and other employment issues, lien validity charges involving bankrupt owners and contractors, and evictions. Mr. Watson represents creditors in bankruptcy cases and has litigated numerous adversary proceedings involving preferential transfer claims. In his representation of clients, Mr. Watson has first chair jury and bench trial experience.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Irvine, B.A.
- All State Courts in California
- All U.S. District Courts in California
- All State Courts in Illinois
- State Bar of California, Litigation Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Southern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2015-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Los Angeles Construction Law Lawyer of the Year, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Construction Law, 2012-2021; Litigation - Construction, 2014-2021
- Dean's Honor List, University of California at Irvine
- DePaul Business Law Journal
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable John D. Schwartz, Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Scholar Athlete, University of California at Irvine