Joe Watson focuses his commercial litigation practice on construction-related issues for a broad range of clients. In his construction practice, he assists clients in resolving commercial construction disputes in the most cost-effective way possible, whether in the courtroom or through alternative dispute resolution.
By working closely with his clients and learning the issues that are most important and valuable to them, Mr. Watson is able to efficiently and pragmatically resolve disputes, so clients can focus on their day-to-day operations.
In his construction practice, Mr. Watson represents commercial real estate owners, developers and contractors in disputes related to construction defects and delays, payment disputes and construction lien issues.
He has made numerous continuing legal education presentations regarding Tennessee's construction lien statute, and he regularly defends and prosecutes lien claims, not only in Tennessee but also in disputes throughout the country.
Previously, Mr. Watson served as a law clerk to the Chief Justice of the Tennessee Supreme Court, the Honorable Gary R. Wade.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude; with honors
- Furman University, B.A., summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Nashville Bar Association
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2024
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Construction, 2023