Morris D. Weiss
Morris Weiss assists clients involved in restructurings using his insight and experience gained during a career spent in both private legal practice and in-house, as well as in leadership positions with financial services companies, manufacturers, and industrial companies. He provides counsel to debtors, litigation trustees, creditors, creditors' committees, bondholders, purchasers of assets, and other parties involved in bankruptcy cases in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, real estate, technology and financial services.
In addition, Mr. Weiss has recently been appointed as Chapter 11 trustee in an oil and gas case. He also provides counsel to parties involved in litigation matters.
Mr. Weiss spent 12 years in the Business Finance and Restructuring Group of Weil, Gotshal & Manges before leaving to serve as in-house counsel at public and private companies, including a commercial bank, and a brokerage firm. Later, he became an investment banker, serving as managing director at a boutique broker-dealer that raised more than $1.3 billion in equity capital for various technology companies (including wireless spectrum) and for a winery. He served as Chief Restructuring Officer for a publicly traded company and on the boards of directors for a number of public and private companies.
Previously, Mr. Weiss was a partner with Taube Summers Harrison Taylor Meinzer Brown, a preeminent bankruptcy and civil litigation boutique firm in Austin, Texas.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D.
- Babson College, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Texas State Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2022-2023