Brandon T. White
Brandon T. White is a privacy, data security and consumer litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office. He is well versed in data privacy laws and regulations, and is accredited as a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
As part of his data strategy, security and privacy practice, Mr. White conducts internal investigations of data breaches and provides class action defense, including website wiretap litigation. He also counsels clients on information governance, including privacy policies, procedures and best practices.
In his consumer litigation practice, Mr. White focuses on the defense of financial institutions and businesses in consumer class and individual matters concerning the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and corresponding state consumer protection statutes. He also provides risk management and regulatory compliance counseling on these topics.
During law school, Mr. White served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Paul C. Huck of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. In addition, he was a member of the Florida Moot Court Team.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S., Business Management
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Law360's Consumer Protection Editorial Advisory Board, 2023
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars Leadership Council, University of Florida
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
- On the Rise, Florida Legal Awards, Daily Business Review, 2023
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Black Lawyers, Florida, 2020, 2022
- 40 Gators Under 40, University of Florida, 2022
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers, 2021, 2022
- Hall of Fame Inductee, University of Florida, 2010