Hunter White is an oil and gas attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston office who focuses his practice on oil, gas and energy transactions. Mr. White has broad experience with acquisition and divestiture transactions involving oil and gas assets (domestic, foreign and offshore) as well as oil and gas development transactions, master service agreements, drilling contracts, energy management agreements, farmout agreements, participation agreements, operating agreements and commodity sales agreements.
Mr. White's experience also includes domestic and foreign asset and stock sales, the formation and structuring of partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and strategic alliances, as well as structured energy finance transactions, including net profits interests, financing and volumetric production payments (VPP).
In addition, Mr. White's practice encompasses general corporate and business transactions.
- Representation of parties (buyers and sellers) in the acquisition and disposition of domestic oil and gas shale properties, producing properties and midstream assets
- Representation of parties (buyers and sellers) in the acquisition and disposition of foreign mineral interests (primarily involving interests in concession contracts and production sharing agreements)
- Representation of parties (buyers and sellers) in the acquisition and disposition of equity interests in companies that own oil and gas, and other energy-related assets
- Representation of parties (oilfield service companies and operators) in the negotiation of master service contracts and term drilling contracts
- Representation of interested parties in connection with oil and gas exploration agreements, oil and gas development agreements, and farmout agreements
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in structured energy finance (including net profits financing and similar arrangements)
- Representation of clients in connection with oil and gas asset diligence and property review
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., with high honors
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Institute for Energy Law, Advisory Board Member
- Houston Law Review Alumni Association, Board of Directors, 1999-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Energy Law, Oil & Gas Law, Natural Resources Law, 2013-2024
- The Legal 500 USA, Recognized Attorney, Energy, Transactions: Oil and Gas, 2016-2021
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2016-2019
- Houston Business Journal, Who’s Who in Energy, 2014
- H Texas magazine, Houston's Top Lawyers, 2015-2016