Benjamin R. Wilson is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Wilson focuses on commercial litigation and arbitration. He represents companies, individuals, financial institutions and nonprofit organizations in various industries, including real estate, oil and gas, aviation, financial services, pharmaceutical, technology, manufacturing, transportation and commercial foodservice. He concentrates on matters involving breach of contract, business torts, shareholder rights, defamation, trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, and defense and indemnity rights. Mr. Wilson also has defended clients in class and mass tort actions facing consumer fraud, false advertising and product liability claims.
Mr. Wilson has represented domestic and foreign clients in arbitrations, including proceedings before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and American Arbitration Association (AAA).
Mr. Wilson's recent engagements include:
- member of national counsel team representing a specialty pharmaceutical manufacturer in federal and state mass tort actions against claims alleging improper promotion of opioids
- defending majority shareholders, officers and directors of a privately held company against claims of shareholder oppression, waste and breach of fiduciary duty, and seeking involuntary dissolution
- representing an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor against owner's breach of contract and fraud claims in a multibillion-dollar ICC arbitration arising out of a mega-infrastructure project in Colombia
- securing a multimillion-dollar ICC arbitration award for a U.S. pharmaceutical distributor in claims against a foreign manufacturer for supplying defective product in breach of distribution agreement
- defending a market-leading business jet manufacturer against breach of agency agreement claims asserted by a foreign representative
- obtaining a multimillion-dollar judgment for a secured aircraft lessor in breach of contract action and pursuing enforcement actions against a foreign judgment debtor to compel satisfaction
- defending an oil and gas distributor against class claims of consumer fraud and breach of warranty in connection with alleged distribution of nonconforming product
- securing interpleader relief on behalf of a real estate investment entity and thereafter obtaining a substantial fee award in client's favor
Mr. Wilson is seasoned in all phases of litigation, including first-chair jury trials, complex electronic discovery and appellate advocacy.
Mr. Wilson is a board trustee of Inwood Academy for Leadership, a New York City Charter School, educating more than 900 students from the Inwood and Bronx communities.
- New York Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A., cum laude
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rising Star, New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2019