Kendall M. Wilson is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. She practices in the areas of business and corporate law, primarily focusing on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), securities and corporate governance.
Ms. Wilson advises public and private companies in M&A and other business transactions. She also represents companies and underwriters in securities offerings, including public and private debt and equity offerings.
Ms. Wilson advises public companies on regulatory compliance, disclosure and corporate governance requirements arising from federal securities laws. Specifically, she regularly advises with respect to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting, financial reporting and proxy statements. She is well-versed in matters regarding board functions, fiduciary duties, director and officer liability, succession planning, risk management, independence, insider trading and executive compensation. Ms. Wilson also advises boards of directors, audit committees and special committees regarding corporate governance matters, including shareholder activism and defensive measures.
She counsels a wide range of clients, from local companies to multinational corporations, across various industries, including manufacturing services, consumer products, banking and financial services, healthcare, hospitality and information technology.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Wilson was an associate at a law firm based in the Northeast. While in law school, Ms. Wilson was an intercollegiate athletics legal extern with the University of Notre Dame Athletics Department and an editor of the Journal of College and University Law.
Ms. Wilson's representative matters include:
- represented largest recreational boat and yacht retailer in the U.S. in its acquisition of a yacht brokerage and services company with domestic and international operations
- represented publicly traded financial holding company in merger of over-the-counter (OTC)-traded bank holding company and its state-chartered commercial bank and wholly owned subsidiary
- represented various publicly traded banks in registered fixed-to-floating rate senior and subordinated notes offerings
- represented various private and publicly traded banks in private placement of fixed-to-floating rate senior and subordinated notes
- represented international leader in the manufacture of industrial and retail paper, film, tapes, engineered coated products and packaging machinery in its acquisition of a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of protective packaging solutions
- represented international leader in the manufacture of industrial and retail paper, film, tapes, engineered coated products and packaging machinery in its acquisition of automated packaging machinery, robotic solutions for packaging applications and other operating assets of a North American corporation
- represented global provider of building technologies in its acquisition of a U.S. fire alarm system specialist
- represented a U.S. leader in the manufacture of home furniture in its acquisition of a Vietnamese foam manufacturer
- advised U.S. public companies and foreign private issuers on corporate governance and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting and other matters
- represented largest physician-led and physician-owned radiology practice in the U.S. in its acquisition of a regional radiology physician practice
- represented regional radiology physician practice in its acquisition by healthcare industry-focused private equity firm
- represented private equity firm in a joint venture with a salmon and trout farm
- represented private equity firm in its acquisition of a manufacturer and distributor of technology and accessories for the heavy-duty truck market
- represented U.S. subsidiary of a French multinational corporation in its purchase of assets of a glass fiber manufacturer under Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Tampa Downtown Partnership, Board of Directors, 2018-Present
- Chi Chi Rodriguez Youth Foundation, Board of Directors, 2019-Present
- The Junior League of Tampa
- Tampa Connection, Class of 2019
- Society for Corporate Governance
- The Florida Bar
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tampa Corporate Governance and Compliance Law & Securities Regulation Ones to Watch, 2021, 2022; Tampa Mergers and Acquisitions Law Ones to Watch, 2022
- The National Black Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, Florida, 2020