Genna Yarkin is an associate attorney in Holland & Knight's San Francisco office who focuses on environmental law, land use, and real estate. Ms. Yarkin's experience includes due diligence, permitting and entitlements, and litigation for project proponents and agencies, including under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Ms. Yarkin has experience throughout California with residential, commercial, mixed-use and industrial projects. She has a keen interest in housing law and is experienced in harnessing California law to benefit communities in need of housing, including the State Density Bonus Law, Housing Accountability Act (HAA), the Housing Crisis Act of 2019 (Senate Bill 330) and California Senate Bill 35.
Ms. Yarkin has been with Holland & Knight since 2015 and serves as the chair of the San Francisco office's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee. She is also involved in her community, serving as co-chair of the Habitat Young Professionals Board for Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco, and as a member of the board of Greens Restaurant, a nonprofit vegetarian institution that has supported the San Francisco Zen Center for more than 40 years.
While in law school, Ms. Yarkin gained federal environmental litigation experience as a legal intern in the Wildlife and Marine Resources Section of the U.S. Department of Justice's (DOJ) Environment and Natural Resource Division and served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Elena J. Duarte, Associate Justice for the Court of Appeal, Third Appellate District, in Sacramento, California. She also earned a certificate in environmental law and was a senior articles editor of the Environmental Law and Policy Journal at the University of California Davis School of Law.
- University of California Davis School of Law, J.D.
- Haverford College, B.A., History
- California State Bar Association, Environmental Section
- Holland & Knight Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, San Francisco Office Chair, 2020-Present
- Greens Restaurant, Board of Directors, 2019-Present
- Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco, Habitat Young Professionals Board, 2019-Present; Co-Chair, 2021-2022
- Rising Star, Northern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2020
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020