Website Agreements and Domain Names
- Holland & Knight helps companies and brand owners secure specific website domain names relevant to their business.
- Our intellectual property attorneys handle domain name dispute proceedings under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) established by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
Companies and brand owners have increasingly found the need to secure specific domain names relevant to their brands.
Clients seeking advice on their domain-related matters can depend on Holland & Knight to advocate for their interests and guide them through the complicated issues that arise with domain transactions, squatting and theft avoidance.
Our intellectual property attorneys work with clients to negotiate the purchase and sale of domain names and license domain names, and handle a variety of domain-related trademark disputes. Holland & Knight lawyers routinely provide counsel regarding domain name dispute proceedings under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) established by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
We assist our clients by:
- securing trademarks for which domain names are available
- acquiring domain names that incorporate our clients' trademarks
- establishing policies with regard to the challenge of third-party domain name registrations that may infringe our clients' trademarks
- advising clients on precautions necessary to avoid losing a domain through unsafe internet practices
- assisting in the registration of domain names during sunrise periods for newly launched top-level domains
- helping businesses grow their online presence while complying with existing internet rules and regulations