- Holland & Knight's multidisciplinary Automotive Manufacturing Practice assists automakers in matters ranging from government relations and environmental permitting to state and local tax matters and the expansion or relocation of manufacturing facilities.
- Our automotive manufacturing counsel dates back to the late 1970s, when our attorneys helped automakers establish their first assembly plants in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.
Our Automotive Manufacturing Practice is a multidisciplinary team of attorneys with industry experience in the areas of litigation, labor and employment, government relations, real estate, environmental and regulatory law, tax, intellectual property law, compliance assessments, restructuring and acquisitions. Our lawyers were instrumental in bringing the automotive industry to Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee in the late 1970s, and we have been representing automotive interests ever since.
Specific areas in which our attorneys provide valuable legal services to the automotive industry include:
- advice and counsel regarding anti-corruption compliance
- compliance program assessment and enhancement
- environmental permitting
- government relations
- intellectual property
- labor and employment
- relocation, development and expansion of facilities
- state and local tax
We began our relationship with a number of automakers after our attorneys helped relocate manufacturing facilities or company headquarters to Tennessee, and our lawyers continue to serve the long-term operational needs of these clients.