Joseph A. Guay is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and serves as the firm's Real Estate Section leader and co-chair of the Hospitality, Resort and Timeshare Group. Mr. Guay's practice is focused in the areas of real estate, business and commercial lending, with a strong emphasis in hotel and resort development and hospitality law including hotel acquisitions and dispositions, development and finance, mixed-use development projects, hotel management agreements, branded residential projects, restaurant agreements and general hotel operation matters throughout the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean. He represents national hotel company owners and operators, pension fund advisors and investment funds, and real estate development companies, institutional lenders and investment banks.
- The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D.
- University of Connecticut, B.S., Finance, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Nueva York
- MyGoodDeed, Inc., Director and Secretary
- Guide to the World's Leading Real Estate Lawyers, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2013-2023
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Leisure & Hospitality, 2013-2023
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate & Construction: Real Estate, 2012, 2014-2023; Land Use/Zoning, 2020, 2022, 2023; Real Estate – Finance, 2023
- Cornerstone Award, Lawyers Alliance of New York, 2009