Contract Changes - Getting what is Rightfully Yours
Holland & Knight and RyanSharkey Seminar
Reston, VA 20191
Government Contracts Partners David Black and Terry Elling will speak at RyanSharkey and Holland & Knight's joint seminar titled "Contract Changes - Getting what is Rightfully Yours."
Unless there is a change of course, there are going to be significant cuts in both defense and non-defense spending in the coming years. The result of these expenditure reductions will not require the Government to do more with less but to do less with less. Contractual efforts will be delayed and extended over longer periods of time. Procurements will be reduced or completely eliminated. Even the smallest contractor will be impacted.
This joint seminar will help explain the contract changes and terminations process and how you should respond to the impact of these events. Mr. Black and Mr. Elling will discuss the following:
- an overview of the contractual changes and terminations process
- government rights and contractor rights
- the “Christian Doctrine” as it relates to the terminations clause
- the inter-dependence of the changes clause with the terminations clause (i.e., the loss factor)
- preparation and content of the contract change proposal
- preventive measures to reduce the impact of the Government’s failure to exercise contract options
- addressing the impact of a partial contract termination
- cost and profit considerations to maximize cost recovery