The Federal Communications Commission's Omnibus Order of 2015
Holland & Knight Webinar
The FCC's Omnibus Order of July 10, 2015, was a landmark ruling by the agency which had a profound impact on the key issues relating to TCPA litigation. The order has been appealed and is presently pending before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. This webinar will provide critical insight into the major issues presented on appeal, arguments advanced by either side and the impact that the court's ruling will have on the defense of TCPA claims.
- The FCC's broad definition of an Automatic Telephone Dialing System (ATDS)
- Liability for calls to reassigned numbers
- Heightened revocation of consent requirements
Recent TCPA Developments
- The U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on the effects of an offer of judgment in the Campbell-Ewald case
- Third-party vicarious liability issues
- Class certification issues
- Best practices and risk management
David G. Hetzel | Partner, Holland & Knight
Robert M. "Bob" Shaw | Partner, Holland & Knight
Holland & Knight will make all reasonable efforts to seek CLE credit for this program in states with an MCLE requirement. Holland & Knight is an approved provider in California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of content, delivery or jurisdictional restrictions. For New York-barred attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE credit for transitional (newly admitted) attorneys and experienced attorneys.