Cybersecurity: The Role of Counsel, The Board and Executive Management in Assessing, Preparing For and Investigating The Risk, International Bar Association's Challenges For The Insurance Industry Conference
Holland & Knight is proud to be a sponsor of "Challenges for the Insurance Industry," an International Bar Association (IBA) Insurance Committee conference that brings together lawyers from the insurance and reinsurance industry as well as other professionals. This event will address key issues that the sector faces in 2017 in the corporate, regulatory and disputes areas of law.
Holland & Knight will be represented at the London conference by Partner John Toriello. The conference will address many timely topics affecting the insurance industry, including implications of Brexit, international insurance regulatory concerns, changes to the English Insurance Act, fintech developments and cybersecurity.
From 10:45 a.m. to 1:05 p.m. GMT on March 31, the conference will address cyber issues. Mr. Toriello will lead the panel discussions for "Cybersecurity: The Role of Counsel, the Board and Executive Management in Assessing, Preparing for and Investigating the Risk" and "A Buyer's Guide to Cyber Insurance." These panel discussions will cover various topics, including:
- responsibilities for identifying, assessing and addressing cybersecurity concerns
- the intersection of privacy laws and cybersecurity
- development of cyber-risk preparedness plans and responding to cyber events
- developments in the cyber insurance market
- coverage issues for insurers and insureds under cyber insurance policies