Social Media Regulation: Advertising and Marketing
Holland & Knight Webinar
Did you know the rules that apply to typical forms of advertising apply to online marketing, too? The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulates social media advertising to protect businesses and consumers as well as help maintain the credibility of the Internet as an advertising medium.
Join Holland & Knight Partner Anthony DiResta, a former Director at the FTC, and Associate Da'Morus Cohen for an interview with Michael Ostheimer, attorney for the FTC's Division of Advertising Practices. They will discuss the current regulations of social media advertising and marketing.
- trends in social media advertising
- what regulations govern social media advertising
- the role of disclosures and disclaimers
- use of blogs, celebrities and influencers in social media advertising
- employee posts on social media
- law enforcement actions, warning letters and other efforts by the government concerning inappropriate social media advertising
- policies and procedures for compliance with the regulations
- liability and who is responsible
We hope you can join us for this highly informative webinar.