Small Business Protests for Businesspeople – Part 2: Both Prosecuting and Defending
Holland & Knight Webinar
Holland & Knight's Government Contracts Group invites you to join us for a two-part webinar series discussing bid protests and size protests from a businessperson's perspective. The purpose of these webinars is to provide information that businesses need to know to understand the different forums available, timing and process – and how to think strategically about whether or not to protest.
This webinar will focus on the U.S. Small Business Administration's (SBA) adjudication of size eligibility protests. We will also discuss grounds of size protests, how to respond to a size protest and how to appeal decisions, as well as special considerations for certain populations.
- the shorter deadlines, procedures and requirements for filing a size protest
- common grounds of size protests, such as size based on affiliation, defects in mentor-protégé joint venture relationships and the ostensible subcontractor rule
- the procedure for responding to a size protest, including the completion of SBA's Form 355 and presentation of supporting documentation
- the procedure for appealing decisions issued by the Area Office to SBA's Office of Hearings and Appeals
- special considerations for Alaska Native Corporations, Tribally Owned Enterprises and Native Hawaiian Organizations